- The Alliance for Philadelphia Public Schools is a grass-roots organization of parents, community members, and school staff—including teachers, school nurses, librarians, counselors and safety staff—dedicated to the preservation of public schools. APPS is an independent organization with no political or union affiliation. We are entirely self-funded and do not take financial donations from outside sources. All members donate their time and receive no salary.
- full and equitable funding which provides students with the high-quality education to which they are entitled.
We believe that
- public schools are the foundation of a democratic society and that true education reform can only come from a collaboration of parents, educators and community members.
APPS members are engaged to
- prevent true stakeholders from being pushed aside by private organizations who meet in secret to decide crucial issues including principal training, which schools receive additional funding, and school closures.
APPS engages to
- assure that the public is present when these issues are discussed.
APPS members believe
- public schools are the foundation of a democratic society.
- true educational reforms stem from a collaboration of parents, educators and community members.
- it is the civic duty of the city and state to fund public education equitably.
- a public school is a civic investment, not a financially profitable enterprise.
Contact APPS at firstname.lastname@example.org